Installing using docker image

I'm trying to install opsmop inside a docker container and get the dill error:

Collecting dill>=2.8.2 (from -r requirements.txt (line 5))
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement dill>=2.8.2 (from -r requirements.txt (line 5)) (from versions: 0.1a1, 0.2a1, 0.2b1, 0.2, 0.2.1, 0.2.2, 0.2.3, 0.2.4, 0.2.5, 0.2.6, 0.2.7, 0.2.7.1, 0.2.8, 0.2.8.1, 0.2.8.2)
No matching distribution found for dill>=2.8.2 (from -r requirements.txt (line 5))

I did update the requirements to dill>=0.2.8.2 and looks fine but I cannot find "bin/opsmop".

I'm using a python:alpine image using with python 3.7.1.

Hi @ricardson

Yep, there was a typo in the requirements file, as dill was confusingly versioned 0.2.8.2, and I wasn't used to seeing a 4 digit version. That's updated now. Thanks for the heads up on this!

Also: Sounds like you might have an old checkout as bin/opsmop isn't used anymore, if you are seeing a web reference to that anywhere (other than old forum posts) let me know as I need to update it.

Current instructions are always going to be here:

https://docs.opsmop.io/local.html

nice! I create a Dockerfile to test opsmop.

Good deal, looking forward to your thoughts on things!

There's nothing too docker specific anywhere, it will try to write into ~/.opsmop/opsmop.log if you want to worry about keeping that around. You may wish to put some settings in ~/.opsmop/opsmop.toml. That's about it. The logfile path is itself configurable in /etc/opsmop/defaults.toml or ~/.opsmop/defaults.toml, all of which is included in the new push mode docs.